Click here for French/Français.
Join our team! Be part of a dynamic, not-for-profit organization committed to cultivating opportunities for at-risk youth and vulnerable adults to achieve independence through integration into communities of support. Employment with Anago enables you to contribute to a community where individuals have meaningful connections and are inspired to realize their potential as active participants.
The successful candidate will serve as a support to young persons in a open detention/custody with rehabilitation and reintegration. Relief Direct Care Workers may be assigned to any or all of the duties, based on the shift assignment. The facility operates 24/7; the role involves shift work, including evenings, overnights, weekends and public holidays.
• Post Secondary education in a related field, such as Child and Youth Care, Social Service Worker, Social Sciences or equivalent Post Secondary education
• A current valid Ontario (G) Driver’s Licence
• Drivers Abstract
• Current Police Vulnerable Sector Check
• Current immunizations and health assessment
• Current Standard First Aid & CPR Level C
• Current Prevention & Management of Aggressive Behaviour (PMAB) Certificate
• Minimum one (1) year related experience
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to make independent decision based on Policies & Procedures
• Bilingualism is considered an asset
Work Location(s): King Street Detention & Genest Detention Centre for Youth – London, ON
Starting Wage: $18.50 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
Application Deadline: Submit resume and cover letter, quoting job number 99-000000-494 to:
Attn: Human Resources
371 Princess Avenue
London ON N6B 2A7
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Anago is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process, please email email@example.com.