Join our team! Be part of a dynamic, not-for-profit organization committed to cultivating opportunities for at-risk youth and vulnerable adults to achieve independence through integration into communities of support. Employment with Anago enables you to contribute to a community where individuals have meaningful connections and are inspired to realize their potential as active participants.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing supports, within a residential setting, to adults with developmental, physical, and behavioural challenges. Shifts will involve hours as scheduled, primarily evenings, and weekends.
• Able to establish therapeutic relationships on the basis of respect and trust
• Willingness to promote our Corporate philosophy
• Ability/willingness to lead individuals through a process of self-evaluation and goal setting consistent with Cognitive Behavior Theory and Lead Management
• Ability to work independently in the delivery of services on shift, as well as within a team
• Demonstrated understanding of support requirements specific to individuals with developmental challenges
• Experience supporting individuals with daily living while pursuing leisure and recreational opportunities
• Ability to write clear, concise observations of behaviour • Advocate on behalf of individuals to achieve goals
• Proven computer skills, MS Office preferred
• Ability to use sound judgment and make independent decisions based on Policies & Procedures
• Strong organizational, communication, and problem solving skills; attention to detail
• A valid Ontario (G) Driver’s Licence
• Current Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC)
• Standard First Aid Certificate, CPI Certificate
• Post Secondary in a related field or equivalent
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience in residential services, supporting individuals with complex and high behavioural needs
• Bilingualism is considered an asset
Work Location(s): Huron Street – Exeter, ON
Starting Wage: $20.34 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
Application Deadline: Submit resume and covering letter, quoting job number 03-010719-518 by 4:00 p.m., Monday, Jan. 7, 2019 to:
Attn: Human Resources
371 Princess Avenue
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Anago is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com .